Friday, February 27, 2009

Storm Chasing

We got our first pre-spring thunderstorm last night. I love it when it rains at night. Well, except for when it scares my kids into coming in our room and getting in our bed. There was a lot of lightning with last night's storm. Every time one strike flashes and fills the room with a nano second of light, I think to myself, "Do it again God, do it again".
I love to sit in the garage during a storm. The rain dances across the driveway and makes the sound of white noise as a trillion rain drops splash into the earth. I like to sit as close to the garage opening as possible so that I can feel the mist from the wind shredding the water as it lands. Sometimes I sit to close and the wind shifts and then I get drenched.
I am addicted to The Weather Channel in the spring. I love watching the Doppler radar displaying all of huge colorful storms that develop. I get excited when one is heading straight for us and then I get a little nervous if it looks like it is going to be a violent one. I like to experience the full force of a storm. I don't like to experience the cost of fixing things that it broke.
Sometimes I wish I would have studied weather when I was younger. One of my dream jobs is being a storm chaser. Just think of the adrenaline rush you would get staring a tornado right in the eyes. I saw a report on a vehicle that they can actually drive right into the center of a tornado. I want to be pilot of that thing.

I wonder if there are storms in Heaven or if God just created them as a byproduct to cleanse a fallen Earth.

1 comment:

cinciann said...

Nice Post. I like the new colors on your page...