Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Time For Everything

I have received comments on some of my recent posts with suggestions that "I should lighten up a little". Or, "Nick, you just need to have fun and enjoy life". As I believe these comments are true, and I know my friends just want the best for me; I also believe that there is a time for everything. This is my season for reflection and growth. This is my opportunity to go deeper and discover who I am. I believe that we all have to go through these seasons. If we don't, we are cheating ourselves out of something amazing. I do like to have fun but I choose not to if it doesn't glorify God.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


This is my time. I have a lot to put on the Alter here. My selfishness and controlling behavior has been exposed. My pride needs to be checked. My material possessions need to be offered up. My marriage is at stake and so are the futures of my children. The stand I make now will determine our future. I would be a fool to deny this season that I am in. My only Hope is to accept it and to hold on to Jesus, because it's going to be a wild ride. All for the cause of Christ.
Peace!

No comments: