Monday, January 18, 2010

Is That Guy Still Alive?

I was driving down the road the other day, and my five year started to ask me questions about things from when I was a kid. Favorite cartoon characters, favorite cars, favorite actors, etc... I forget who I mentioned, but Anthony asked me, "Is that guy still alive"?

He asks me that question a lot.

What does he think about death?

I remember thinking about death when I was a little kid. Not a five year old kid, maybe ten or twelve. I remember that it scared me.
I began to wonder, what is going through his mind when he questions "life"?
I remember thinking, "When I die, that's it, no more me".

Of course, then I always struggled with the idea of being immortal as well. How boring would that be, to be stuck around here forever?

I guess the only way that I'm going to find out what he thinks about death is, to ask him.

I'm sure I would get a goofy answer; . . . Did I mention that he is five?

No comments: