Thursday, January 21, 2010

Offer 1 and Offer 2

What an eventful week this has been. Last Sunday I received a call from our Realtor's office asking if we could show the house Monday morning. Of course, I said yes because I don't want to turn away any opportunities to sell. The showing was scheduled for ten o'clock in the morning. That meant a lot of cleaning, again, in a very little amount of time.
I was already stressed out and a little overwhelmed due to the fact that I just dropped Ann off at the airport the day before (Saturday). She is overseas on a business trip in Geneva.
So, Monday came, as it always does and I was up and out of here by 9:30. I didn't hear anything until that evening. The office called and informed me that the couple that looked at the house was prepared to write up an offer. The one thing that I didn't mention here, is that the same couple looked at our house on the previous Friday. At that time, they told their Realtor that they would offer $350k for our house. That's $200k less than asking price.
On Tuesday evening, we received not only one offer, but an additional one as well. The couple that said that they would pay $350k came in at $380k. The other offer was for $425. Both of which are way off of the mark. Just an example of what kind of market we are in.
I can't explain how relieved I am that we are finally getting some action. I guess low offers are better than no offers. We will counter with our asking price and just wait to see what happens. Maybe one of them will get serious and by this thing.

No comments: