Sunday, May 31, 2009

Spiritual Warfare

So here's the deal. I just spent the better part of two hours blogging about Honduras, fighting for GOD and how satan is a pissant. I was just about to hit the "publish post" button and my entire blog disappeared. Gone, kapoot, no where to be found. I guess I really pissed the enemy off with all of my blogging against him.
Well guess what. I don't quit that easy. This is my second attempt which is actually better because now I am clearer as to what I want to say.
Bottom line...the devil sucks. He is a loser. God has called us to be warriors. We are His warriors. This is a fallen world and we are at war. Jesus didn't come just to be a crutch. He came to be the ultimate warrior. He came to destroy the enemy. For the past couple of weeks, I have been stressed, anxious, angry, depressed and I have had a lot of headaches. A lot of people at our church have been experiencing the same thing. I'm quite sure a lot of this has something to do with the enemy and his pathetic attempt to disconfigure the church. Too bad it's not going to work for him.
Tim's message today was about fighting. Only at Vineyard West Side are you going to hear a message about fighting. It was a great message and good timing too. I love how God speaks through Tim. It's beautiful. Our church is not your normal church. We are a bunch of rag-tag, been there done that, sinning Jesus freaks. We have all been called to this place to do one thing and that is proclaim the name of Jesus Christ. We are His warriors and will fight for His Word. He loves us and He loves you more than anything and He will stop at nothing to show you.
I have been back from Honduras now for almost five weeks. I almost feel as though I am lost. I want to do so much for what I was given in Honduras, but I don't know where to start. Part of me feels like the enemy has his grubby little hands in this as well. I know God has a time for everything and that He still has big plans for me and my journeys with Honduras. I have to remember that His timing is different than ours. What seems like an eternity to us is a blink to Him. I can't wait to see what He has in store for me. I want my mission trip to continue even though I'm here at home in the states. A bunch of us are trying to figure out ways to raise money to build homes over there. Especially now, after this weeks 7.1 earthquake in Honduras, our support is needed.
In closing I just want to say "Rise up, rise up, you are a mighty warrior". And, please pray for all the people of Honduras, including our fulltime missioners. Your prayers our powerful. Peace!

No comments: