Thursday, May 21, 2009

Family VACATION

FLORIDA OR BUST!

So we loaded up the SUV and headed for Destin, Florida. We have been going there for the past 8 years. Every year, I feel like Chevy Chase, I just want to provide a fun filled family vacation experience for everyone.

But, somehow (just like the movie) it never goes as planned. I really don't think my kids GET IT! They get a week out of school to go to FLORIDA, spend some time on a BEACH and have ICE CREAM every night. Instead, there was complaints as to where we were going to eat out, dislike of sand, wanting to go to the pool versus the beach, having to drive somewhere to get ice cream, etc..... Aren't vacations supposed to be stress free?
There were some good memories from this vacation. We adopted a pet squirrel and named him Cheezer because of his love of Cheeze-Its, Lanie braved the waves while body surfing, Anthony actually loved the sand, we built a huge sand castle, Ann and I got to have a nice evening out...ALONE, and my dad got to play with the kids in the pool.

In the end, it was all good, but it's always great to be home.

3 comments:

Steve said...

That's a nice purple bike you have there, Nick. ;)

cinciann said...

I had fun...but, why does it already feel like it was about 3 months ago?

And, I thought the kids did okay this year.

Miss you...see you tomorrow...

DanThoms said...

My dad says that its the dads job to make family vacations fun and that doesn't necessary meen that he has fun himself. Sounds like everyone had fun though.