Sunday, May 3, 2009

Honduras Mission - Day 7


God painted some beautiful pictures on the morning of day 7. This was our last day in Honduras. It was a day of relaxation and of play. We slept at one of the beaches on the North coast of Honduras. The sunrise was spectacular and it felt as if God was saying "You did well this week and I love you".

I'm not really a good swimmer so I decided to stay out of the water and take pictures. I did stand in it up to my knees, and was surprised at how warm it was. Definitely a lot warmer than the water of Florida's gulf coast. The waves were pretty choppy, perfect for body surfing, or just letting it beat the crap out of you. Ryan, of course, somehow managed to step on a jellyfish. He seems to be that one person who always attracts injury. He only experienced a minor sting.

Even though we were still in Honduras, I felt like we were miles away from being on that mountain. Images of kids faces were still racing through my head. Moments of bonding with my brothers were still playing out. I was thanking God for all of the past weeks activities and the opportunity he gave me to be on this mission. God worked on me and walked with me every day of this trip. He showed me everything and opened my eyes. I just hope that I saw everything that He wanted me to see. If not, I know He will be calling on me again to return to Honduras. And again, without hesitating, my response will be "Yes, I will go".

Dios te bendiga! God bless you!

No comments: