Thursday, May 20, 2010

Journey

I was walking through Mitchell Memorial Forest yesterday in search of some wildlife to capture some photos of. As I began my journey, I immediately felt the presence of God and He began speaking to me. He reminded me of the journey that I have been on lately. I thought about how long and unending the journey seemed at first.

He reminded me that when I started this journey, I felt all alone. I knew that I wouldn't be though. I knew that He would be there to carry me or just give me a place to rest.

Along the way, I've encountered some indescribable beauty and some more recognizable beauty. I knew that He could only be credited for such beauties.

I came to a place where I was reminded of my brokenness.

And in the midst of feeling broken, I knew that I was surrounded by those who still stood tall and strong.

At one point, I came to place where I could look back and I remembered how alone I felt when I started this journey. I knew that He was right there with me, looking down on me the whole time.

As I neared the end of my walk, I looked ahead and saw that some people were finishing before me. Older, wiser and further along in their journey's; I heard Him say to me that I will get there someday soon and that I wouldn't be alone when I finish.

No comments: