Saturday, March 6, 2010

I HATE YOU...

I hate you satan! I hate everything that you stand for! I hate that I even have feelings of hate...even for you.

In the past week I have witnessed a good friends painful divorce, was informed that a good friend's fiance left him over the holidays, and yesterday came the news of another friends separation from his wife. All the work of the enemy. You (satan) have even been at work in my life. Trying to mess up my marriage. Trying to separate me from my God.

Well I've got news for you satan. YOU LOSE! You picked the wrong person to mess with. You want a piece of me...come get it. I am a fighter. I'm not afraid of you! I am a son of God and in my corner is Jesus. So screw you satan.

I think it's obvious that I am feeling quite angry today. I'm fired up and I'm pissed off at satan. I'm tired of his games and his lies. I'm tired of watching friends fall victim to his deeds.

In 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Paul wrote:
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

In this letter, God is calling us to stand and fight. Challenging us to not run aimlessly (like those running from their fears). We are empowered by a God who is a Warrior. Jesus (God) is not just the Lamb Who is soft and caring. He is all powerful, a fighter who comes with fire in His eyes and a lightning bolt in His hands to strike down satan forever. HE IS! If we are created in His image, what does that make us? WARRIORS! We can't continue to sit in our self pity and hope for just a miracle. The miracle is at hand. He gives us a new day to fight. To allow Him to strengthen us. Do we as parents raise our children to stand for themselves, or do we want to always fight their battles for them? That is how God has raised us, and there comes a time when we all have to make a stand. So rise up brothers and sisters.
Rise up and fight!

No comments: