Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finding God

It's easy to find God in a God centered environment. But where is He in the secular world? At the mall?, on the face of a homeless man?, maybe at your kid's soccer game?. I've been seeing Him a lot at my gym lately. Well, not physically, but I have been meeting a lot of His followers there. That would be cool though! He would be the BIGGEST freak in there!



I like the movies "Bruce Almighty" & "Evan Almighty". Morgan Freeman plays the role of God in both of these movies, and I really think he fit that role perfectly. I love how he transforms from a homeless man on the street into God. What if? What if He was really out there on the streets just watching us? Just interacting with us?
Over the next few weeks I am going to challenge myself to find God in the secular world. I am going to introduce myself to people that I don't even know and try to discover God in them. I'm not going to interview or ask religious questions. I'm just going to "get to know them". I will be praying and asking God to show up. I'm excited to see what I will find.

No comments: