Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Toy

I purchased a new camera this week. Actually, I sent our old one back to Canon to get repaired and they offered to use it as a trade in on an upgraded model. It is a refurbished Canon EOS Rebel XS. I got it for half the price of a new one. My hopes now are to learn how to use it and to add some pretty good media to my blog. I know how to take pictures if it's in Auto Mode, but I'm not experienced with aperture or shutter speed yet. I've been reading the manual and experimenting with it all day and I have to say that the picture quality is much better than our old camera. This is just an entry level digital SLR, but that is good enough for me and I am excited to start using it. Here are some of it's features:



* 10.1 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor.
* DIGIC III Image Processor.
* 2.5-inch TFT color LCD monitor with 230,000-dot resolution.
* Live View shooting.
* Wide-area 7 point AF with center cross-type sensors.
* EOS Self Cleaning Sensor Unit.
* Continuous Drive up to 3 frames per second for as many JPEG files or up to 1.5 frames per second for 5 RAW files or 4 RAW+JPEG files.
* ISO sensitivity 100–1600.
* Canon EF/EF-S lenses.
* NTSC/PAL video output.
* File formats include: JPEG, RAW (12-bit Canon original).
* Canon LP-E5 battery pack, battery life (shots per charge) approx. 190–600 without flash or 180–500 with 50% flash use.
* Approx. weight 0.450 kilograms (0.99 lb).

No comments: