Saturday, November 14, 2009

Partners

Part of my daily routine for school mornings is to pick out clothes for my kids to wear. This is a challenge for me when it comes to my daughter. She doesn't wear girly clothes (skirts, dresses or leggings), so it's usually a pair of jeans and some sort of a t-shirt. I lay the clothes out on the floor next to her bed, and then I go to wake Dominick up.

On my way back downstairs, I always peek into Lanie's room to make sure that she is up and is getting dressed. On this particular morning, she didn't like the shirt that I had chosen, so she asked me to help her pick out a new one. Once we accomplished that, I opened her sock drawer, and we began to search through the salad of socks for a matching pair. I grabbed one sock and she says to me, "No dad, that one doesn't have a partner". I said, "you're right", and so we picked out a pair that had it's partner.

Every morning now, I always tell her to remember to put on her partners. I think it's one of those things that a father and daughter will cherish together for a long time.

No comments: