Sunday, October 18, 2009

SOZO

Sozo is a church-based ministry framework of helping to heal individuals (both inside and outside the church) of the effects of wounding and sin, and of delivering people from the snares and presence of the demonic through finding past and present lies and points of access, removing them, and establishing healing, blessing and obedience in their place; and of restoring individuals to relationship with God and a more fruitful and fulfilling walk.

Prayer and deliverance ministry have been around since Jesus demonstrated His power on earth as he healed (sozoed) many that came to Him. The term "Sozo" is a Greek word from the New Testament that means to save, make whole, heal, to be whole, rescue from danger, and deliver (basically, to save in every imaginable way!).

Last week, I received my first Sozo. I have to admit that I did not know what Sozo meant going into this. My wife did it and she shared how awesome her experience was, so I figured that I would give it a shot. I have been in a great place lately in my relationship with God, but I have still have my common struggles. I still have have self doubt. And I still lose my faith when I don't get my way. So, I figured this Sozo thing (remember, I still didn't know what Sozo meant) would be a good place to get some answers.

The Sozo team that was praying for me was consisted of three people, in which I knew two of them. We sat down in a small room at the church and one of the leaders asked me why I was there. I shared a short story of how my life has been the past several months since I returned from my mission trip to Honduras. I said that I just want to "officially" hear from God, that I am doing what He wants me to be doing. I wanted to know if I was a good husband, father and son in His eyes. I wanted to gain some insight as to where he wants me to be in the coming years (spiritually and physically).

For next couple of hours, I spent my time answering questions that were asked by my leaders, but answered to God. I asked for forgiveness and I forgave. I was given visions of my childhood, which in itself is a miracle just due to the fact that I don't remember much of my younger years. I saw Jesus in every vision. I saw that He has been with me every step of the way in my life. I also dealt with those painful struggles that I can't seem to get past. I gave them to God and was given a new respect for the word "freedom" in my life. I was also healed. PHYSICALLY HEALED, THANK YOU JESUS! I have had a bad knee for years. One of the leaders placed their hand on my knee just to pray out demons and I felt an incredible warmth in my knee. After the Sozo, I noticed that my pain was gone. I was relieved, for that knee had really been hurting for the past couple of days. Still today, the pain is gone.

I was confirmed and affirmed in the roles of my life. As a dad, as a husband, and as a son. And not just a son to my earthly parents, but as a son to my True Father. I heard Him say that He is still doing work in my life. He is still preparing for something great in my future. To this, I feel unworthy. But He loves me anyway, and He has to get all of this crap out of my life and taken care of before I can move on.

So now I'm thinking, it is no coincidence that I ended up at Sozo. I thought I was doing something cool that my wife got to be part of. I had no idea of what it truly meant. Obviously, He did. He knew that I had to go through it to be healed and freed from sin and it's effects. I don't know that this was a one evening experience. I think that it took many years to get as messed up as I am, and think it will take a little while in return to get to that point. That point of being able to walk with Him to that next season of my life. That point of a more fruitful and fulfilling walk with Him.

No comments: