Monday, April 20, 2009

Protection

Have you ever prayed for protection of your life? Why do we ask God for protection of our lives? If we trust Him, there should be no need for the request. Especially when we are doing something that He has called or asked us to do.
My trip to Honduras officially begins tomorrow (Tuesday) at three in the morning. The past couple of days, I have felt extremely calm. I have started to make my final preparations for this trip and I have had a lot of time to prepare myself mentally as well. During my quiet time with God yesterday, I found myself asking Him to protect me. Is it insecurity that causes this? Do I feel that He owes me the right to live? Why do we put so much weight on life anyway? Sure it's precious and we are connected to a lot of things and people. But....ultimately, this is not our home. This Earth and these bodies are only temporary. A gift from God, if you will, before eternity and all of it's splendor. I'm quite sure many of you have ordered an appetizer before your meal at your favorite restaurant. I think that's what life is like. We get a small (and I mean micro small) taste of what Heaven tastes like. And I can't even fathom what dessert will be.
So, my prayer for this mission is not for protection, but for guidance. I want God to show me the things He wants to show me and I want my eyes and heart to have the ability to recognize it. I want Him to mold me into the man that He wants me to be. I want to learn something new about myself and about everyone I come into contact with, and my God.
I have no fear of going on this adventure with God. If I do, it is the fear of missing out on something awesome! GOD, TURN US LOSE AND MAKE US DANGEROUS TO THE ENEMY!

2 comments:

cinciann said...

yea...I'll be praying all that stuff AND protection...I need you to come home in a week! Love you...

Anonymous said...

Nick, I really enjoyed reading about your experience to Honduras! Sounds like you had a great time! Love your pics too! Laurie